Meatball Pizza Skewers
Awesome After-school Snack. I made these for my kids as an afternoon snack and they loved them. Quick and easy. We did leave off the peppers and pepperoni because they are not big fans. We sprinkled cheese on top also. Definitely a staple recipe for us now! — toni polly
- 1 package Johnsonville® Classic Italian Fully Cooked Meatballs
- 1 can (11 ounces) refrigerated original breaksticks
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) pepperoni slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, heated
- Thaw meatballs in the refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough and separate into 12 breadsticks. Cut breadsticks in half. Cut meatballs in half.
- On a wooden skewer, alternately thread peppers, 2 meatball halves and 3 pepperoni slices in between breadstick dough. Arrange skewers on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining peppers, meatballs, pepperoni and breadsticks. Brush tops with oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until meatballs are hot and breadsticks are lightly browned. Spray pizza skewers with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with pizza sauce.