Back To Recipe
Mac and Cheese with Johnsonville Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage
Mmmmm. Turned out great, added brocoli instead of spinach. — Barb
- 2 cups cavatappi macaroni
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (12 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in milk, cook until thickened.
- Whisk in cheese, cook and stir until melted.
- Add macaroni, sausage and spinach, cook until heated through.