Back To Recipe
Low Carb Wake-Up Frittata
About this recipe
Bright, crispy peppers join olives, onions, cheese and Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage in a jumble of deliciousness.
- 1 package (12 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1/2 cup red peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup ripe black olives, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet crumble and cook patties until browned.
- Remove sausage from pan. Add peppers and onions to drippings and sauté until tender.
- Add sausage and ripe olives into pepper and onion mixture.
- Blend eggs and milk adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and vegetables.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 6 to 8 minutes or until center is set.
- Turn off heat and remove cover.
- Top with shredded cheese and sliced tomato.
- Replace lid and let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve hot.