Low Carb Sausage & Spinach Lasagna Casserole
About this recipe
Pasta? What pasta? This recipe idea from Johnsonville is so flavorful and delicious that you won’t be missing those extra carbs! This lasagna casserole uses a delicious mix of spinach, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese to serve as the perfect bed for Johnsonville’s Three Cheese Italian Style Smoked Sausage. Throw in some marinara sauce and parmesan cheese for a complete Italian taste experience.
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese and spinach; set aside.
- Spread one-half of marinara sauce into a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish; cover with one-half of the spinach mixture and one-half of the sausage.
- Sprinkle with one-half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375F° for 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.