Little Italy Pizzette!
Submitted by: Josh T. from Salt Lake City, UT
Here is the moment we've all been waiting for……. the Grand Prize Winner for the Johnsonville Kitchens "Pizza Possibilities" contest
Little Italy Pizzette!
What you need
- 2 Johnsonville Sweet Italian Sausages
- 1/2 cup pesto, store bought (Kirkland pesto from Costco is best used)
- 5 oz. Manchego cheese, shredded
- 5 oz. white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, jar marinated
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomato, jar in oil, drained
- 4-5 oz. marinated bistro olive blend, Mediterranean
- fresh arugula, for garnish
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced thin for garnish
- 2-3 oz. Feta cheese crumbles, for garnish (optional)
- 1 12" Freshetta pre-proofed frozen pizza sheetb**(or your favorite pizza dough)**
- 1/3 cup homemade tzatziki sauce, recipe follows
- Tzatziki Sauce:
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, drained in a fine mesh colander for 2 hours in the refrigerator
- 1 cumber, peeled, seeded and shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 5-6 mint leaves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 425˚F. Heat up your grill and grill Johnsonville sausages on both sides until done, 8-9 minutes total. When cool enough to handle, slice on a bias so you get about a 1/4 inch thick size "coin".
- 2 Cut pizza dough with pizza cutter into thirds so you have three even rectangles. Place dough on prepared pizza stone. Spread the pesto onto your pizza dough and top with the sliced Johnsonville sausage. Then top with the Manchego cheese, white Cheddar cheese, artichoke heart, sun dried tomato, and olive blend.
- 3 Place pizza in preheated oven and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until done and crust is a nice golden color. Careful not to over-bake. Remove immediately from oven and top with fresh arugula, then spoon or drizzle your homemade tzatziki sauce over the top. Garnish with feta cheese crumbles and fresh bell pepper. Buon Appetito!
- 4 Tzatziki Sauce Preparation: Mix all ingredients together well. Can be made a day to two ahead. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE