Light & Fresh Breakfast Patty Melt
About this recipe
- 1 package (9.6 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted if desired
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Fresh spinach
- 1 Roma tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 4 slices reduced fat cheese, cut in half
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat sausage patties according to package directions.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Pour egg whites into skillet and cook over medium heat until set; divide into four portions.
- Place the 8 slices of bread a foil-lined baking sheet.
- On 4 of the bread slices, layer the cooked egg white, a few spinach leaves, a few tomato slices and top with half a slice of cheese.
- On the remaining four bread slices, layer two sausage patties, side by side, and top with the other half of the cheese slice.
- Place the pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Assemble 4 sandwiches by pairing each bread slice topped with egg, spinach and tomato with a bread slice topped with sausage.