Lettuce Wraps with Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage
About this recipe
No need to eat out to enjoy delicious Asian-style lettuce wraps with this recipe from Johnsonville. This dish creates a scrumptious filling using cabbage, mushrooms, green onions, garlic and water chestnuts. Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage is an excellent addition with its blend of sweet and savory flavors. To add some extra crunch to your lettuce wraps, ramen noodles are used as an outstanding garnish.
- 2 links (half package of 12.0 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Apple Chicken Sausage
- 1/2 white cabbage, chopped
- 5 button mushrooms, chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 10 water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Ramen noodles
- leaf lettuce
- STIR-FRY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dice sausage into small cubes. Heat vegetable oil in fry pan, and add sausage. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes till brown. Set sausage aside.
- Heat oil in pan, add chopped vegetables. Add stir-fry sauce (combine soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar). Cook on high 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add back sausage, cook 1 minute.
- Serve with leaf lettuce as wrap and garnish with Ramen noodles for crunch.
- Serve with rice wine vinegar or favorite dipping sauce.