Back To Recipe
Lasagna on a Bun Burger
awesome flavor. very different but excellent flavoring — saleema king
- 4 Johnsonville® Sweet Italian Sausage Grillers
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped (reserve some for garnish, if desired)
- 6 oz. shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 jar marinara sauce, room temperature
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Slice French bread horizontally.
- Combine the butter, mayonnaise, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Spread on French bread and broil for about 4-5 minutes until toasted. Cut into 4 patty-sized portions.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place burgers on the grill.
- Combine ricotta cheese, basil and shredded Italian cheese blend.
- Spread a layer of cheese mixture on the patty and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Spread marinara on garlic bread and top with patty.
- Garnish with tomatoes, parsley and fresh basil, if desired.
- Add a little extra sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to taste.