Johnsonville Three Cheese Baked Ziti
Sooo good!. This was so good! I loved how cheesy it was and the meatballs are full of flavor! It's great to know that you can come home from work and cook something real quick but it can taste like it took you hours! I will definitely be making this again! — Casey B
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen JOHNSONVILLE Three Cheese Italian Style Meatballs
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the meatballs, tomatoes and pasta sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the pasta mixture and half of the meatball mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.