- 2 packages (24 ounceces each) frozen JOHNSONVILLE® Classic Italian, Three-Cheese Italian or Homestyle Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 can (32 ounces) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons Asian red chili paste or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the olives, onions and garlic; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Stir in cranberry sauce until softened.
- Add tomatoes, chili sauce, chili paste and basil. Bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Stovetop Preparation: Add meatballs to sauce. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Slow Cooker Preparation: Place meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or until meatballs are heated through.