- 2 packages (24 ounces each) frozen JOHNSONVILLE® Classic Italian, Three-Cheese Italian or Homestyle Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Chianti or other red wine
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 can (32 ounces) crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 5 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully add wine; cook until liquid is reduced by a third.
- Stir in cranberry sauce until smooth. Stir in tomatoes, chili sauce and basil; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream.
- Add Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Stovetop Preparation: Add meatballs to sauce. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Slow Cooker Preparation: Place meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or until meatballs are heated through.