Johnsonville Spicy Pasta Skillet
Holy mamma favorites. This was no doubt supposed to feed a family of 4... My husband and I ate it all in one night. It's that good. Pretty sure I ate more than he did because of the flavor and the spicyness. I handle better than he does. Since I cannot have onions, we sub'd the salsa for a S&W can of stewed tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano. Instead of frozen sausage, we got Mild breakfast brats from the meat department. I'm certain we'll be having this again soon. Most likely, we'll do the same thing for the meat but add 2 cups zucchini and probably a yellow crookneck squash to the mix as well. Just to even out the amount of meat to squash to noodle ratio. — Brianna
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup Mexican-blend cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, salsa, zucchini, cumin and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in sliced sausage and cilantro. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until sausage is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.