Johnsonville Sausage Balls
A bite of deliciousness. A quick and delicious appetizer for any occasion. They are always a crowd pleaser and I never have any leftovers. Everyone loves them and now I give them a batch of sausage balls and the recipe!! — Anne Marie
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville All Natural Hot Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups baking mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, cheese, baking mix, onion, mushrooms and milk; mix well.
- Shape mixture into 36 walnut-size balls and place on a greased, shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with barbeque or chutney sauce.