Johnsonville® Pineapple Rum Chili Glaze with Meatballs
Definitely going in my party food rotation! . Made these for a Luau themed party and they were a huge hit! I doubled the recipe and wondered if I'd made way too much once I got them in my serving bowl. They were GONE long before the party ended. I got a little tripped up on the "3/4 package (?) of chicken broth" ingredient, but assumed it meant 3/4 cup and the consistency of the sauce was perfect. — Kathryn
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) frozen JOHNSONVILLE® Homestyle Meatballs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 package chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Asian red chili paste or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in pineapple juice, chicken broth and rum, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the brown sugar, chili sauce, chili paste and vinegar. Bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Stovetop Preparation: Add meatballs to sauce. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Slow Cooker Preparation: Place meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or until meatballs are heated through.