Back To Recipe
Johnsonville® Peach & Chili Sauce with Meatballs
Johnsonville chili sauce and meatballs. Easy and delicious — Barbara Hoffer
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) frozen JOHNSONVILLE® Homestyle Meatballs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- 1 jar (18 ounces) peach preserves
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons Asian red chili paste or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in beef broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the peach preserves, chili sauce, chili paste, onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer, stirring often.
- Stovetop Preparation: Add meatballs to sauce. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Slow Cooker Preparation: Place meatballs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or until meatballs are heated through.