Johnsonville Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions Skillet
Delicious Italian Taste!. I recently made this for dinner, and it was wonderful. I wanted a bit more thickness to the sauce, and did this by mixing a packet of turkey gravy dry mix to a cup and a half of chicken broth. it turned out so good — Margaret R Chiusano
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Hoagie or sub rolls, optional
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cut into 1/2-inch slices; set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté peppers, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage, tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on sub rolls if desired.