Johnsonville Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions Skillet
Johnsonville Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions Skillet. Followed the recipe except used fresh tomatoes and chile peppers and green peppers from my garden. Added the oregano,garlic and basil. Used just a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and served it over noodles. It was delicious. — Jane Kommrusch
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Hoagie or sub rolls, optional
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cut into 1/2-inch slices; set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté peppers, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage, tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve on sub rolls if desired.