Johnsonville Hot & Spicy Jambalaya
Spicy Lovers. My husband & I love spicy and this recipe fits the bill!! The sausage is a favorite, we will have to try some of the other recipes that use it. This one is definite a keeper!! — N Earley
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1-1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package sliced JOHNSONVILLE & Andouille Smoked Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, sauté the peppers, onion, celery and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in sausage and parsley. Cook 5 minutes longer or until sausage is heated through.