Johnsonville® Homemade Mac & Cheese with Meatballs
Kids will love!. My children loved this dish! It was full of flavor and was simple to prepare. The meatballs made a normal side dish a complete filling meal. — Barbara
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen JOHNSONVILLE® Homestyle Meatballs, thawed
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for firm pasta. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted. Pour over macaroni; toss to coat.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, spread half of the macaroni mixture. Arrange meatballs over macaroni. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Top with remaining macaroni mixture.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in breadcrumbs. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, until crumbly. Sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and lightly browned.