Back To Recipe
Johnsonville® Easy Stuffed French Bread
Yum. Delicious! — donna
- 1/2 package (14 meatballs) frozen JOHNSONVILLE® Classic Italian or Homestyle Meatballs, thawed and cut in half
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the meatballs, cheese, pasta sauce, mushrooms, peppers, onion and garlic.
- Unroll bread dough onto two greased cookie sheets. Press each into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle.
- Spoon meatball mixture down the center of dough. Fold long sides of dough over filling, meeting in the center; press edges and ends to seal.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg and water; brush over loaves.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes until golden brown. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes longer or until filling is hot.