Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage Soup
Yummy. The Cajun chicken sausage is the best I've had so far. Even though I find it hard to find in stores... I'm excited when I do find it! — Reshia
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville ® Original Brats
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild or original diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Grill sausage in Sizzling Sausage Grill according to grill directions. Let cool slightly, halve and slice sausage.
- In a soup pot, sauté green pepper in oil until tender. Add sausage and garlic to the pot and sauté 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.