Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage Soup
Quick and Easy Meal. I didn't have the special sausage grill, so I just grilled the sausage on my gas grill. Works fine. I also used the cheese brats and added onion to the bell peppers and left out the cilantro, because I don't like cilantro, and it seems more of a Mexican food ingredient than a Cajun food ingredient. It turned out really good. My husband loved it. I served it with cheddar cheese on top and sweet corn bread. — Liz
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage links, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild or original diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a soup pot, sauté green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add sausage and garlic to the pot and sauté 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro.