Back To Recipe
Jambalaya Maque Choux
TASTY. It was quite tasty 👌 — Regina McBride
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Sausage, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) Zatarain’s® Jambalaya Mix, Original
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add celery, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in water, tomatoes and rice mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in corn; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.