Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs
About this recipe
I made a recipe at Publix Aprons with ground beef and decided to try the same ingredients with Johnsonville Italian sausage. It was a big hit with my family and coworkers. Hope you enjoy my creative meatballs, which are great with pasta or meatballs subs.
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, pesto and egg. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs in oil 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Return meatballs to pan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; heat through. Serve with spaghetti and additional cheese if desired.