Italian Sausage & Zucchini Noodle Skillet -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
About this recipe
Try this recipe for a light, refreshing take on Italian fare. I love using a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles—it’s just so fun—but if you don’t have one, a mandolin or julienne peeler will do just fine.
- 3 links JOHNSONVILLE® Mild or Hot Italian Sausage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
large zucchinis, sliced into noodles*
*TIP: You can use a spiralizer, julienne peeler or mandolin to make zucchini noodles.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill Italian sausages on the Johnsonville® Sizzling Sausage Grill™ (or cook using your favorite method). Cool slightly; slice into 1/2-inch slices and set aside.
- While sausage is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, basil and tomatoes, and cook for 10 more minutes until tomatoes begin to blister.
- Add sausage and zucchini noodles to skillet, and toss to combine with tomato mixture. Sauté for 1 to 3 minutes until zucchini noodles are cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with shredded Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper.