Italian Sausage & Pepper Skillet -- Sizzling Sausage Grill Recipe
Super Delicious and Easy To Make. Found this recipe while browsing. Had some frozen Italian sausages in the freezer so I defrosted and cooked them. That was actually the longest part of making this. Fortunately I had the rest of the ingredients handy. When the sausages were done, I cut them up and continued on. Additionally, I cooked up half a box of tri-colored pasta and added that in at the end. Magnificent! My husband and I could eat this at least 4x a week and not get tired of it. A real winner! — Sharon H
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill Italian sausages on the Johnsonville® Sizzling Sausage Grill™ (or cook using your favorite method). Slice ¼-inch thick on bias and set aside.
- While sausage is cooking, add olive oil and garlic to a large saucepan, and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add peppers and onion, and sauté for 5 more minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add basil, tomatoes and sausage. Heat through, and season with salt and pepper.