Italian Sausage & Pepper Skillet
Yummy Sandwich . I love sandwiches and I adaped this to be an itallian sausage sandwich topped with mozzarella cheese. I also added mushrooms to this dish it is by far an amazing sandwich stuffer. — Samantha
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill Italian sausages on the Johnsonville® Sizzling Sausage Grill™ (or cook using your favorite method). Slice ¼-inch thick on bias and set aside.
- While sausage is cooking, add olive oil and garlic to a large saucepan, and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add peppers and onion, and sauté for 5 more minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add basil, tomatoes and sausage. Heat through, and season with salt and pepper.