Italian Sausage & Pepper Skillet
Yummy Sandwich . I love sandwiches and I adaped this to be an itallian sausage sandwich topped with mozzarella cheese. I also added mushrooms to this dish it is by far an amazing sandwich stuffer. — Samantha
- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links, cooked and bias-sliced
- 1 small red pepper, julienne stripped
- 1 small green pepper, julienne stripped
- 1 small yellow pepper, julienne stripped
- 1 small onion, julienne stripped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. ground basil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook one package of Johnsonville Italian Saccording to package directions. Bias-slice and keep warm.
- Julienne strip peppers and onion and set aside.
- In a large pan add olive oil and garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables to oil and garlic and sauté an additional 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add basil, tomatoes and sausage. Heat through, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.