Italian Sausage Penne
Yummy and simple Italian dish!. This recipe is easy to prepare with easy to find ingreidients and there is little prep time. It's different from spaghetti and meat sauce and it tastes really good! — Maureen Garcia
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce, heated
- Cook sausage links according to package instructions; cut into ½-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté peppers, onion and garlic until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add sliced sausage and sauté until warmed through.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
- Divide prepared pasta in bowls, top with marinara sauce and sausage-vegetable mixture.