Italian Sausage Lasagna
BEST Lasagna Recipe. I never could make a good Lasagna dish but tried my hand at this recipe and it turned out FANTASTIC! I will add a little more sauce with mine the next time but the taste was great even with the spinach! I saw it being made on youtube and it gave me the confidence to try it again! THANKS... — Lisa
Servings6 to 8 servings
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the sausage in Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink
- Add onion and garlic and continue sautéing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times, starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of KRAFT Grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.