Italian Sausage Lasagna
Cheesy, Sausagey DELIGHT!. Thank you Johnsonville. This meal inspired my family to think of more ways to use Johnsonville Ground Italian sausage. We are thinking Chili this weekend. And stuffing our turkey with Italian Ground next Thursday! Thank you so much for a wonderful meal. — Kenan McHale
Servings6 to 8 servings
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the sausage in Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink
- Add onion and garlic and continue sautéing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times, starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of KRAFT Grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.