Italian Sausage Lasagna
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Johnsonville Italian Sausages make it simple to enjoy authentic Italian flavor. This classic lasagna dish is made so much easier when you’ve got Johnsonville backing you up. The flavor of the Italian sausages will help to make this recipe your new lasagna favorite!
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Cook: 45 minutes
Italian Sausage Lasagna
What you need
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- 2 In a medium saucepan, sauté the sausage in Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink
- 3 Add onion and garlic and continue sautéing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- 4 Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- 5 In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- 6 Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- 7 Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup mozzarella cheese over this. Repeat this process three more times, starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of KRAFT Grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- 8 Sprinkle with oregano.
- 9 Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- 10 Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Review Writing Tips
Not all reviews are created equal. While you may have a strong opinion about our products and recipes, make sure your review comes out strong as well.
Here are some tips to help you write a good review.
- Be correct. Make sure the review your submitting is for the right product or recipe.
- Be clear. Use specific words to describe your opinion. Move beyond using "good" or "bad" when reviewing a product or recipe-while they help share your opinion, they don't give specifics.
- Be clean. Keep the tone respectful. Offensive, disrespectful language is never tolerated.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Your satisfaction encourages us to always strive for the best.CLOSE