Italian Sausage Hot Tub
Great Change-Up on Traditional Italian Sausage. Can't beat the flavor on this sausage. Nice change to the traditional grilled sausage, and the best part is all of the onions, peppers, and olives to pile on top. Every time I make this it flies off the grill! An instant favorite! — JohnC
- 1 large (1-inch x 9-inch x 2 3/8-inch) aluminum foil baking pan
- 1 bottle (750 ml) White Merlot wine
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet red or yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 jar (16 ounces) cocktail onions, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or basil, chopped
- 2 packages (19 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat.
- In a disposable foil pan, combine the wine, peppers, onions, olives, garlic and parsley.
- Place on the grill; cover with foil. Bring to a slow simmer.
- Meanwhile, grill sausage according to package directions.
- When sausage is browned and fully cooked (180˚F), transfer links to the wine steam bath.
- Cover and keep warm until guests arrive.
- Try Chardonnay or your favorite white wine. Be creative - add yellow onion, sun dried tomatoes or stuffed green olives. For richer flavor, grill peppers and onions before adding to the wine.