Italian Sausage Frittata
original recipe is great - however;. after cooking sausage, I steamed the vegetables, then combined the basil and eggs, poured over sausage and vegetables, topped with cheese and baked at 350 in oven for 15-20 minutes. — Carl
- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links, coin-sliced
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Spray 10 in. nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add vegetables and water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add sausage.
- Combine eggs and basil; pour over sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Cut into wedges.