Italian Sausage Burgers with Peperonata & Creamy Tomato Spread
italian sausage burgers w/peperonata creamy tomato spread. seems to be a easy dish that friends and family members would rave over and make me the host feel awesome !!! — mark mongon
- 6 Johnsonville® Sweet Italian Sausage Grillers
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, reserve 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 5-6 oz. pkg. garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 4 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 each red, yellow, and orange bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 6 Romaine lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split, toasted
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Place burgers on grill.
- In a mini processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 tablespoon tomato oil, cheese and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Puree to a slightly chunky spread. Set aside or refrigerate up to one day.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of tomato oil and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add peppers and a pinch of salt and sauté until lightly browned and soft, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in remaining vinegar, raisins and capers and cook for one minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Spread bun bottoms with cheese spread.
- Add romaine, burger, peperonata and top bun.