Italian Sausage Appetizer Bread
Simply delicious!!. This is a fantastic recipe! I use hot sausage, extra garlic, and sometimes substitute pizza dough for the bread dough. It's a cant miss appetizer or even light dinner. — Matt
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian All Natural Mild Ground Sausage
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounce) roasted red peppers, well drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough to a 16 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet.
- Combine cream cheese and garlic, spread lengthwise over center third of dough.
- Top with the sausage, peppers, olives and cheese.
- Fold dough over filling, pinching seam to seal.
- Make slits across top of dough every 2 inches. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.