Italian Sausage & Pepper Skillet
About this recipe
An easy and authentic Italian dish your whole family will CRAVE any night of the week.
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 1 small red pepper, julienne stripped
- 1 small green pepper, julienne stripped
- 1 small yellow pepper, julienne stripped
- 1 small onion, julienne stripped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook one package of Johnsonville Italian Sausage according to package directions. Bias-slice and keep warm.
- Julienne strip peppers and onion and set aside.
- In a large pan add olive oil, garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables to oil and garlic and sauté an additional 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add basil, tomatoes and sausage. Heat through, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.