Italian Sausage and Pasta Dinner
Great taste and Easy!!!. I made this recipe and used New Orleans sausage (andouille) and splashed in some red pepper flakes. The bell peppers and onions gave this dish a great taste. I will be making this again. — Kay
- 1 package (16 ounce) penne pasta
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Premium Fully Cooked Three-Cheese Italian Style Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned and cut in half
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, julienned and cut in half
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce, heated
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet, brown sausage in oil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender.
- Divide prepared pasta in bowls, top with marinara sauce and sausage vegetable mixture.