Italian Red Wine & Cheese Hoagie
About this recipe
The big flavor of Johnsonville Italian Red Wine & Cheese Sausage goes perfectly with sautéed peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Add some pepperoncini and mozzarella to the mix, and you’ll elevate the flavor to the next level! Serve on Italian bread for an easy hoagie that’s hard to beat!
- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Red Wine & Cheese Sausage
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 10 slice Mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (8 ounces) deli-sliced pepperoncini
- Cook sausage according package directions. Cut sausage, on the bias, into 1/2-inch slices and keep warm.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté peppers, onions and mushrooms until tender-crisp.
- Slice bread horizontally being careful not to slice all the way through. Open and layer cheese, sausage and sautéed vegetables. Top with the pepperoncini. Slice and serve.