Italian Onion & Roquefort Sandwich
Something different and good. My husband and I thought we'd try something new and had all of the ingredients to give this recipe a try. It has a very unique flavor and we will definitley try this one again! It was also very quick and easy and required very little prep at all. — LisaMarie
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Roquefort or blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 5 Hoagie rolls, split
- In a bowl, combine the first ten ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Grill sausage according to package directions.
- Place one grilled link in each roll; spoon onion and Roquefort dressing over sausage.
- If desired, grill or broil sandwich for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.