- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian All Natural Mild Ground Sausage
- 1 package (16 ounce) Velveeta® cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 pounds potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Combine sausage, cheese and salsa. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.
- Gently mix the sausage, cheese and salsa with the potatoes in a baking tray.
- Add the fennel seed, garlic powder, anise seed and basil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 35 minutes or until hot and golden brown.