Back To Recipe
All Natural Ground Italian Sausage Stuffing
recipes. These are some really great recipes. Can't wait 2 try them out!!! — maria hendricks
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian All Natural Ground Sausage or (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Sausage Links, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, separated
- 2 loaves focaccia bread (12 oz. each), cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 can (4.25 ounces) ripe olives, chopped
- 5 large leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water or white wine
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tbsp. olive oil until no longer pink; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and the remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10 minutes or until crisp and a lightly browned, stirring once.
- Remove pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- In a very large bowl, combine the bread cubes, reserved sausage, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil and garlic.
- Combine eggs and water; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 35-40 minutes or until hot.