- 1 cup butter, softened
- 7 large basil leaves, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Campanelle pasta
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the butter, basil, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- Cook the Campanelle pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sausage and half the herb butter; stir gently.
- Add two-thirds of the tomatoes and cheese; toss until coated.
- Top with remaining tomatoes and cheese.
- Top with additional herb butter if desired.
- Serve immediately. (Refrigerate remaining herb butter or spread on bread).