Italian All Natural Ground Sausage with Campanelle Pasta & Herb Butter
Great Quick Receipe. Made this for my family and they loved it. Was a great quick dish. Very easy to make not hard at all. Great flavors and the butter spread was really good on bread. Would recommend everyone to try this at least one time. — RoRo
Cost (Per Serving)$2.57
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 7 large basil leaves, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Campanelle pasta
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- In a bowl, combine the butter, basil, garlic and pepper; set aside.
- Cook the Campanelle pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sausage and half the herb butter; stir gently.
- Add two-thirds of the tomatoes and cheese; toss until coated.
- Top with remaining tomatoes and cheese.
- Top with additional herb butter if desired.
- Serve immediately. (Refrigerate remaining herb butter or spread on bread).