Italian All Natural Ground Sausage Burger
About this recipe
This recipe from Johnsonville gives you authentic Italian flavor on a bun! For excellent color and texture, red peppers, green peppers and yellow peppers are sautéed in white wine. Johnsonville Italian All Natural Ground Sausage is used for its superb blend of Italian herbs and spices. Add some focaccia bread and provolone cheese, and you’ve got an exciting alternative to a boring sandwich. Make the ordinary extraordinary with Johnsonville!
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup White Zinfandel wine
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- 4 slices smoked provolone cheese
- In a skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add wine; cook and stir until vegetables are tender and wine is reduced by half. Keep warm.
- Shape sausage into four hamburger shaped patties. Grill burgers over direct heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 180˚F.
- Cut focaccia in half horizontally. Cut into quarters.
- Layer the sausage burger, peppers and cheese on bread bottoms; replace bread tops.