Italian All Natural Ground Sausage Burger
Best meal in a long time!. The only thing I added was some red pepper flakes mixed in with the sausage. I fried the peppers and onions in my cast iron skillet and put the patties in after to take on the yummy flavors from the veggies! — Tina
- 1 package (16 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian All Natural Ground Sausage
- 1 small red pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut into thin slices
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup White Zinfandel wine
- 1 loaf focaccia bread
- 4 slices smoked provolone cheese
- In a skillet, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add wine; cook and stir until vegetables are tender and wine is reduced by half. Keep warm.
- Shape sausage into four hamburger shaped patties. Grill burgers over direct heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 180˚F.
- Cut focaccia in half horizontally. Cut into quarters.
- Layer the sausage burger, peppers and cheese on bread bottoms; replace bread tops.