Hot & Cheesy Smoked Sausage Casserole
About this recipe
For a hunger-stopping, stick-to-your-ribs kind of casserole, look no further than this creamy sensation! This dish uses a rich, flavorful base of cream of chicken soup, Cheddar cheese soup and cooked rice. Add in some veggies and Johnsonville Smoked Sausage for an excellent flavor pairing, top with crushed crackers and Mexican blend cheese, and you’ve got yourself a go-to recipe for any occasion.
- 1 package (13.5 ounces) Johnsonville Smoked Split Rope Sausage, chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with onion, celery and green pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed water or saltine crackers (about 24 crackers)
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, rice, peas, broccoli, soups, tomatoes, milk, red pepper flakes and 1/2 cup of cheese; gently stir until blended.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.