Smoked Sausage Casserole
Really Delicious. I've made this in the past and it was good. This time, I added diced onion and shredded cheddar on top of the crackers. The family went wild! — Rosie
- 2 1/2 cups JOHNSONVILLE® Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, frozen
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups peas, frozen
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed less sodium Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with onion, celery, and green pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Mexican-style shredded cheese
- 1 cup Carr’s table water crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, broccoli, cooked rice and peas. Pour into baking dish and spread to the edges.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken soup, cheese soup, tomatoes and green pepper, milk and if desired, crushed red pepper.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese; pour soup mixture over sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with crackers, remaining 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or until heated through.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.