Great Lasagna Recipe!. This lasagna was one of the best I've ever had and much less time consuming than my other recipes. I put it together the night before and refrigerated. I let it sit at room temperature a couple of hours before baking. The flavor was just right for my family's taste. This will be my standard lasagna recipe from now on. — ldavis
- 12 lasagna noodles (prepared according to package directions)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg (16 oz) Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jar (24oz) Classico® Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 9 x 13 inch Chinet Bakeware® Baking Pan
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a medium saucepan, saute the sausage in olive oil, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic and continue sauteing for another 4 minutes until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add pasta sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, parsley; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the baking pan, top with 2 lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer 1 cup of the sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over this.
- Repeat this process two more times, starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.