Holiday Breakfast Casserole
Bland. Tested for Christmas brunch....bland...needs a little zip to it. I did top with some salsa, sliced avocados and some sour cream. much improved. — bjoMarples
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 6 English muffins, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly; cut into ¼-inch slices.
- In a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish, layer half the English muffin cubes and half the cooked sausage. Repeat layers.
- Drizzle with butter and top with the cheese, onion and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over casserole. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake at 350˚F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.