- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Brats, casings removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 12 cups unseasoned bread stuffing, cubed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown and cook crumbled sausage until no longer pink. Drain. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter ansd sauté onion, celery and green pepper until tender.
- In an extra large mixing bowl, combine sausage, vegetable mixture, bread stuffing and seasonings.
- Add eggs and broth; toss gently.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a buttered 3 to 4 quart baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325° for 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Check internal temperature with a meat thermometer, it should read 165°F when done.