Herb Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with Johnsonville Brats
About this recipe
This recipe from Johnsonville takes the humble mushroom and adds delicious flavors and textures to truly make this a satisfying dish. The use of your favorite stuffing and Johnsonville Original Brats make for a fantastic combination. Add in some grated Parmesan cheese, and you’ve got a simple, elegant meal that’s ready for any occasion!
- 2 links JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats, removed from casing*
- 4 large portabella mushrooms or 8 baby portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, if desired
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- *Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush mushroom caps lightly with oil. Place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 10-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine stuffing mix, water, butter, if desired and sausage.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps and sprinkle with cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for an additional 15-20 minutes.