Herbed Sausage Pan Pizzas
Servings3 pizzas servings
My go-to deep dish pizza recipe. Excellent crust and recipe. Make it more often than I'd like to admit! We cook 2 and put one in the freezer for later. — Erin
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 - 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian Sausage
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, mix milk powder, sugar, yeast, salt and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat water and oil to 120°-130°F. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Grease three 9-in. round baking pans.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Press dough to fit bottom and 1-in. up sides of pans. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Using fingertips, press several dimples into dough. Brush tops with oil mixture. Spread with pizza sauce; top with sausage, onion, mushrooms and cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crusts are golden brown.