Back To Recipe
Freeze your sausage. Freeze your sausage first...It makes it extremely easy to peel the casing off while it's frozen... — Jeff
- 1 package (19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Italian Hot Sausage Links, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Remove sausage from casing and cut into chunks.
- In large stockpot, sauté sausage over medium heat until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, onion and celery; sauté 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until pasta is tender.